LaJoi Wiggins, DMD, MSD
I can remember two moments in my life. The moment I choose to become a dentist, and then the moment I choose pediatric dentistry as a career. Fun. Fact: I originally wanted to be a Veterinarian (because I love animals!), but over time but excitement for it withered. It wasn’t until I introduced to dentistry that the sparks flew.
Since I decided to devote my life to children, I have never been happier. Working with children has always been a fun experience, and I have never felt more connected to something so much as I have been with children and dentistry. Combining those two for me has been a magical experience that has brought my life so much joy.
I feel blessed to have the opportunity to work with children, in particular children with special health care needs. I look forward to creating a loving environment where children can develop and maintain healthy smiles that will transition into adulthood.
Dr. LaJoi Wiggins aka Dr. Joi
Education and Experience
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine, East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine
- Master of Science in Dentistry, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, the University of North Carolina at Charlotte Virginia Commonwealth University
- Certificate of Pediatric Dentistry, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry, Department of Pediatric Dentistry
- Board Eligible, American Board of Pediatric Dentistry
Continuing Education and Professional Affiliations
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- North Carolina Dental Society
- National Dental Association
- Old North State Dental Society
Dr. Wiggins had the opportunity to complete mission work. Her most recent dental mission trip was with the VCU Jamaica Project, where she had the opportunity to provide comprehensive and emergency treatment to both adults and children in need.
Beyond the Practice
Originally from Hawaii, Dr. Wiggins has resided in North Carolina for most of her life until recently. She relocated back to Charlotte, North Carolina, after she completed her residency in pediatric dentistry.
When Dr. Wiggins is not in the office, she spends most of her time with her friends and family. She enjoys traveling and working out. She loves to share childhood stories and to connect with her patients.